Tutoring Children with Learning Difficulties – Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Autism, ADHD, Dyscalculia.
During these tuition sessions, I introduce literacy and mathematical learning games to engage my students’ interests. These games are used to assist in:
- Widening a child’s creativity & story writing ability
- Developing a child’s motor neurone skills
- Strengthening their concentration & focus
- Improving hand/eye co-ordination
- Engaging in problem solving
- Understanding instructions
- Bettering their communication skills
- Processing of visual perception
- Increasing speed of thought
- Build their numeracy skill
- Lateral thinking
Each tuition sessions are set up to be fun, productive & educative for my students and me.
I teach my students to mind map. I encourage them to think in terms of pictures and draw them. It helps them to convey their thoughts progressively. The aim is always to engage their thoughts & bring fun into learning via the use of story cubes, word games, times table games, Sudoku & other mathematical learning games.